Band Calf Raise
This exercise involves standing on the edge of a step or platform with the balls of your feet on the edge and your heels hanging off. You then raise your heels up as high as you can, using a resistance band around your calves to add extra resistance. This exercise targets the calf muscles and can help improve ankle stability and balance.
Band Calf Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place a resistance band around the balls of your feet.
- Hold onto a stable surface, such as a wall or chair, for balance.
- Raise your heels off the ground, keeping your toes on the ground.
- Hold for a few seconds at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower your heels back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Calf Raise Form & Visual
Band Calf Raise Benefits
- Strengthens and tones the calf muscles
- Improves ankle stability and balance
- Can be done anywhere with a resistance band
- Allows for progressive overload by increasing band resistance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting band tension and reps
Band Calf Raise Muscles Worked
Band Calf Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg band calf raise
- Seated band calf raise
- Standing band calf raise with weight
- Donkey calf raise with band
- Reverse band calf raise