Hack Calf Raise
This exercise involves standing on the edge of a raised surface, such as a step or curb, with the heels hanging off the edge. The calves are then contracted to lift the body up onto the balls of the feet, before slowly lowering back down. This exercise targets the calf muscles and can be done with bodyweight or added resistance.
Hack Calf Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Place a block or step under the balls of your feet.
- Place your hands on your hips or hold onto a stable surface for balance.
- Raise your heels off the ground as high as you can, keeping your toes on the block or step.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, then lower your heels back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Hack Calf Raise Form & Visual
Hack Calf Raise Benefits
- Strengthens and tones the calf muscles
- Improves ankle stability and balance
- Can help prevent injuries such as ankle sprains
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels
Hack Calf Raise Muscles Worked
Hack Calf Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Hack Calf Raise
- Seated Hack Calf Raise
- Standing Hack Calf Raise
- Donkey Hack Calf Raise
- Smith Machine Hack Calf Raise