Lateral Bound Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step to your right with your right foot.
- As you land on your right foot, push off with your right foot and jump to your left, landing on your left foot.
- Repeat this movement, jumping back and forth between your right and left foot.
- Complete the desired number of repetitions or time interval.
Lateral Bound Form & Visual
Lateral Bound Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases power and explosiveness in lower body
- Targets the glutes, quads, and hamstrings
- Helps prevent injuries by strengthening the muscles around the knees and ankles
- Can be modified to challenge different fitness levels
Lateral Bound Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Lateral Bound Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Lateral Bound
- Double Leg Lateral Bound
- Weighted Lateral Bound
- Box Lateral Bound
- Depth Drop Lateral Bound