Cable Standing Calf Raise
Cable Standing Calf Raise Instructions
- Stand facing a cable machine with a shoulder-width stance.
- Place the balls of your feet on a block or step, with your heels hanging off the edge.
- Grasp the cable handles and lift them up to shoulder height.
- Keep your arms straight and your core engaged.
- Raise your heels as high as possible, squeezing your calf muscles at the top of the movement.
- Lower your heels back down to the starting position, keeping tension on your calves throughout the exercise.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Standing Calf Raise Form & Visual
Cable Standing Calf Raise Benefits
- Targets the calf muscles, specifically the gastrocnemius and soleus
- Helps to improve ankle stability and balance
- Can be easily adjusted to increase or decrease resistance
- Allows for a full range of motion, ensuring maximum muscle activation
- Can be performed with a variety of foot positions to target different areas of the calf muscles
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or at the gym
Cable Standing Calf Raise Muscles Worked