Band Reverse Wrist Curl
This exercise involves using a resistance band to perform wrist curls while reversing the movement. The band is wrapped around the wrist and the hand is curled upwards, then slowly lowered back down in a controlled manner. This exercise targets the muscles in the forearm and can help improve grip strength.
Band Reverse Wrist Curl Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench or chair with your feet flat on the ground and your back straight.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip, palms facing down.
- Rest your forearms on the bench or chair with your wrists hanging off the edge.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards the ground by flexing your wrists.
- Once your wrists are fully flexed, pause for a moment before slowly raising the dumbbells back up by extending your wrists.
- At the top of the movement, pause for a moment before repeating the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
- After completing the set, switch to an underhand grip and repeat the exercise for the same number of repetitions.
Band Reverse Wrist Curl Form & Visual
Band Reverse Wrist Curl Benefits
- Strengthens glutes, hamstrings, and lower back muscles
- Improves hip mobility and stability
- Helps to prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be modified to target specific muscle groups
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Band Reverse Wrist Curl Muscles Worked
- Forearm Extensors
Band Reverse Wrist Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse wrist curl with band
- Band reverse wrist extension
- Band resisted wrist curl
- Band resisted reverse wrist curl
- Band wrist curl with pronation