Band Wrist Curl
This exercise involves using a band to perform wrist curls, which helps to strengthen the muscles in the forearms and wrists. The band is wrapped around the hand and then the wrist is flexed and extended against the resistance of the band. This exercise can be done with different levels of resistance by using different strength bands.
Band Wrist Curl Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench or chair with your forearms resting on a flat surface, such as a table or bench.
- Wrap a resistance band around your wrists, making sure it is snug but not too tight.
- Hold onto the ends of the resistance band with your hands, keeping your palms facing up.
- Slowly curl your wrists upwards, bringing the resistance band towards your forearms.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your wrists back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Band Wrist Curl Form & Visual
Band Wrist Curl Benefits
- Strengthens the wrist flexor muscles
- Improves grip strength
- Helps prevent wrist injuries
- Can be done anywhere with a resistance band
- Targets a specific muscle group for isolation training
Band Wrist Curl Muscles Worked
- Forearm flexors
Band Wrist Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse band wrist curl
- One-arm band wrist curl
- Seated band wrist curl
- Standing band wrist curl
- Behind-the-back band wrist curl