Cable Wrist Curl
The cable wrist curl is an exercise that targets the wrist flexors and extensors. It involves using a cable machine to perform wrist curls in both directions, with the goal of strengthening the muscles in the wrists and improving grip strength.
Cable Wrist Curl Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench or chair with your forearms resting on a flat surface, such as a table or bench.
- Grasp the cable handle with an underhand grip, with your palms facing up.
- Slowly curl your wrists upward, bringing the cable handle towards your forearms.
- Hold the contraction for a few seconds, then slowly lower the cable handle back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Switch to an overhand grip and repeat the exercise to work the opposite side of your forearms.
Cable Wrist Curl Form & Visual
Cable Wrist Curl Benefits
- Strengthens the wrist flexor muscles
- Improves grip strength
- Helps prevent wrist injuries
- Can be done with different variations to target specific areas of the wrist and forearm
- Can be easily adjusted for different levels of resistance
Cable Wrist Curl Muscles Worked
- Forearm Flexors
Cable Wrist Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Cable Wrist Curl
- One-Arm Cable Wrist Curl
- Standing Cable Wrist Curl
- Seated Cable Wrist Curl
- High Pulley Cable Wrist Curl