Cable Standing Wrist Curl
This exercise involves standing with a cable machine and using a wrist curl motion to work the muscles in the forearms and wrists. The cable provides resistance throughout the movement, making it a challenging exercise for building grip strength and forearm size.
Cable Standing Wrist Curl Instructions
- Stand facing a cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the cable attachment with an underhand grip, with your palms facing up.
- Bring your forearms up to shoulder height, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Curl your wrists upward, bringing the cable attachment towards your forearms.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the cable attachment back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Standing Wrist Curl Form & Visual
Cable Standing Wrist Curl Benefits
- Strengthens the wrist flexor muscles
- Improves grip strength
- Helps prevent wrist injuries
- Can improve performance in sports that require wrist strength, such as tennis or golf
- Can be easily adjusted for different levels of resistance
Cable Standing Wrist Curl Muscles Worked
- Forearm Flexors
Cable Standing Wrist Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Barbell Standing Wrist Curl
- Dumbbell Standing Wrist Curl
- Reverse Cable Standing Wrist Curl
- Reverse Barbell Standing Wrist Curl
- Reverse Dumbbell Standing Wrist Curl