Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl
Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a barbell with an overhand grip.
- Rest your forearms on a bench or other stable surface with your palms facing down and your wrists hanging off the edge.
- Slowly lower the barbell towards the ground by bending your wrists backwards.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then slowly raise the barbell back up by flexing your wrists.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl Form & Visual
Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl Benefits
- Strengthens the wrist extensors, which are often neglected in traditional wrist exercises
- Improves grip strength and forearm endurance
- Helps prevent wrist injuries by balancing out the muscles in the forearm
- Can be done with relatively light weights, making it accessible for beginners
- Can be easily modified by changing the grip or using different equipment, such as dumbbells or cables
Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl Muscles Worked
- Forearm Extensors