Standing Upper Body Rotation
This exercise involves standing and rotating the upper body. It can be done by standing with feet shoulder-width apart and rotating the torso to the left and right, or by holding a weight or resistance band and rotating the upper body while keeping the hips stable. This exercise can help improve mobility and flexibility in the spine and shoulders.
Standing Upper Body Rotation Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms extended out in front of you.
- Slowly rotate your upper body to the right, keeping your hips facing forward.
- Hold the stretch for a few seconds, feeling the stretch in your back and shoulders.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the rotation to the left.
- Continue alternating rotations for 10-15 repetitions on each side.
Standing Upper Body Rotation Form & Visual
Standing Upper Body Rotation Benefits
- Strengthens shoulder muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases range of motion in shoulders
- Helps prevent shoulder injuries
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Standing Upper Body Rotation Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Quadratus lumborum
- Latissimus dorsi
Standing Upper Body Rotation Variations & Alternatives