Captains Chair Straight Leg Raise
Captains Chair Straight Leg Raise Instructions
- Begin by sitting on the edge of a captain’s chair with your back straight and your hands gripping the handles on either side of your hips.
- Slowly lift your legs up towards your chest, keeping them straight and parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for the desired number of repetitions.
- Make sure to engage your core muscles throughout the exercise to maintain proper form and prevent injury.
Captains Chair Straight Leg Raise Form & Visual
Captains Chair Straight Leg Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the arms, shoulders, and core muscles
- Improves posture and body alignment
- Increases flexibility in the wrists and spine
- Helps to develop focus and concentration
- Can be used as a transition pose in a yoga flow sequence
Captains Chair Straight Leg Raise Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Captains Chair Straight Leg Raise Variations & Alternatives
- captain’s chair bent knee raise
- captain’s chair oblique knee raise
- hanging straight leg raise
- lying straight leg raise
- weighted captain’s chair straight leg raise