Kettlebell Russian Twist
This exercise involves sitting on the floor with your legs bent and feet flat on the ground, holding a kettlebell with both hands. You then twist your torso to one side, bringing the kettlebell to touch the ground beside you, before twisting to the other side and repeating the movement. This exercise targets the obliques and core muscles.
Kettlebell Russian Twist Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold the kettlebell with both hands and extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- Lean back slightly, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Twist your torso to the right, bringing the kettlebell to the outside of your right hip.
- Pause briefly, then twist your torso to the left, bringing the kettlebell to the outside of your left hip.
- Repeat this twisting motion for the desired number of repetitions.
Kettlebell Russian Twist Form & Visual
Kettlebell Russian Twist Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the abs, obliques, and lower back
- Improves rotational power and stability
- Increases overall body coordination and balance
- Can be modified to target different muscle groups and increase difficulty
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in the gym
Kettlebell Russian Twist Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Erector spinae
- Quadratus lumborum
Kettlebell Russian Twist Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Russian Twist
- Medicine Ball Russian Twist
- Standing Russian Twist
- Seated Russian Twist
- Twisting Sit-Up
- Oblique V-Up
- Side Plank Twist
- Rotational Lunge