This exercise involves lying face down on the ground and lifting the arms, legs, and chest off the ground simultaneously to engage the muscles in the back and glutes. The goal is to hold the position for a few seconds before lowering back down to the ground. This exercise helps to improve posture and strengthen the muscles in the back and core.
Body Extension Instructions
- Start by lying face down on a mat or flat surface with your arms extended above your head.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your arms, chest, and legs off the ground simultaneously.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, making sure to keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Slowly lower your arms, chest, and legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Body Extension Form & Visual
Body Extension Benefits
- Strengthens the lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Engages the glutes and hamstrings
- Can be done with or without equipment
Body Extension Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Maximus
- Adductor Magnus