Spine Backbend Stretch
Spine Backbend Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands on the ground beside your ears with your fingers pointing towards your shoulders.
- Press into your hands and lift your head, shoulders, and chest off the ground.
- Keep your elbows close to your body and engage your core to lift your hips off the ground as well.
- Hold the pose for a few breaths, then slowly lower back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for several repetitions, focusing on keeping your movements slow and controlled.
Spine Backbend Stretch Form & Visual
Spine Backbend Stretch Benefits
- Improves posture by stretching the spine and opening up the chest
- Increases flexibility in the spine and surrounding muscles
- Relieves tension and pain in the back and neck
- Stimulates the nervous system and improves circulation
- Can help alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety
Spine Backbend Stretch Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae
- Quadratus Lumborum