Lying Lat Pulldown
Lying Lat Pulldown Instructions
- Begin by lying flat on your back on a bench or mat.
- Reach up and grasp the bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms fully and keep them straight throughout the exercise.
- Slowly pull the bar down towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then slowly release the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lying Lat Pulldown Form & Visual
Lying Lat Pulldown Benefits
- Targets the latissimus dorsi muscles, which are responsible for pulling the arms down and back.
- Strengthens the upper back and shoulders.
- Improves posture by pulling the shoulders back and down.
- Can be done with a variety of equipment, including resistance bands, dumbbells, or a cable machine.
- Allows for a full range of motion, which can increase flexibility in the shoulders and upper back.
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight or resistance used.
Lying Lat Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Lying Lat Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Lat Pulldown
- Seated Lat Pulldown
- Close-Grip Lat Pulldown
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
- Reverse-Grip Lat Pulldown
- Single-Arm Lat Pulldown
- Assisted Lat Pulldown
- Resistance Band Lat Pulldown