Seated Rotation Stretch
Seated Rotation Stretch Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Place your right hand on your left knee and your left hand behind you on the floor.
- Inhale and sit up tall, lengthening your spine.
- Exhale and twist your torso to the left, using your right hand to gently pull your left knee towards your right shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, breathing deeply.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other side, placing your left hand on your right knee and your right hand behind you on the floor.
- Repeat the stretch on both sides 2-3 times.
Seated Rotation Stretch Form & Visual
Seated Rotation Stretch Benefits
- Strengthens hamstrings and glutes
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can be done without equipment
- Targets the posterior chain muscles
Seated Rotation Stretch Muscles Worked
- Lower back muscles
Seated Rotation Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Seated trunk rotation
- Seated spinal twist
- Seated Russian twist
- Seated oblique twist
- Seated bicycle crunches