Hanging Hollow Hold
This exercise involves hanging from a bar, then transitioning into a hollow body position while still hanging, and holding that position for a period of time. It is a challenging core and upper body exercise that requires strength and stability.
Hanging Hollow Hold Instructions
- Find a sturdy bar or set of rings to hang from.
- Jump up and grab the bar or rings with an overhand grip.
- Engage your core and lift your legs up until they are parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for as long as you can, aiming for at least 30 seconds.
- Lower your legs back down to the starting position and rest for a few seconds.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for a total of 3-5 sets.
Hanging Hollow Hold Form & Visual
Hanging Hollow Hold Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves hip mobility and flexibility
- Targets the lower abs and hip flexors
- Helps to improve posture and balance
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
Hanging Hollow Hold Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Erector spinae
- Latissimus dorsi
- Shoulder stabilizers