Front Plank Instructions
- Start by getting into a push-up position, with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your forearms to the ground, keeping your elbows directly under your shoulders.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your body off the ground, creating a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds, or as long as you can maintain proper form.
- To release, lower your knees to the ground and then lower your body back down to the ground.
Front Plank Form & Visual
Front Plank Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles, including the abs, back, and hips
- Improves posture and stability
- Reduces risk of lower back pain and injury
- Increases overall body strength and endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Front Plank Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Erector spinae