Plank on Hands
This exercise involves holding a plank position on your hands and toes, with your body in a straight line from head to heels. It primarily targets the core muscles, but also engages the arms, shoulders, and legs for stability. It can be modified by dropping to the forearms or knees for beginners, or adding movement variations such as side planks or mountain climbers for advanced exercisers.
Plank on Hands Instructions
- Start in a push-up position with your hands directly under your shoulders and your body in a straight line from head to heels.
- Engage your core and glutes to keep your body stable.
- Hold this position for the desired amount of time, typically 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Make sure to breathe deeply and evenly throughout the exercise.
- To release, lower your knees to the ground and rest for a few seconds before standing up.
Plank on Hands Form & Visual
Plank on Hands Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves posture
- Reduces risk of back pain
- Increases stability and balance
- Improves overall body strength
Plank on Hands Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae