Kneeling Plank Instructions
- Start by getting into a kneeling position on the ground.
- Place your forearms on the ground in front of you, with your elbows directly under your shoulders.
- Extend your legs behind you, so that your body forms a straight line from your head to your knees.
- Engage your core muscles and hold this position for the desired amount of time.
- To release, slowly lower your knees back down to the ground.
Kneeling Plank Form & Visual
Kneeling Plank Benefits
- Strengthens chest, shoulders, triceps, and core muscles
- Can be modified for beginners or those with wrist or shoulder injuries
- Improves overall upper body strength and endurance
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Helps improve posture and alignment
Kneeling Plank Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Erector spinae
Kneeling Plank Variations & Alternatives
- Side plank
- Plank with leg lift
- Plank with shoulder taps
- Plank with knee taps
- Plank with hip dips