This exercise involves performing a burpee (a combination of a squat, push-up, and jump) and then twisting your body to one side before jumping back up and repeating the movement. It is a full-body exercise that targets multiple muscle groups and improves cardiovascular endurance.
Burpee Twist Instructions
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and place your hands on the ground in front of you.
- Jump your feet back into a plank position.
- Do a push-up.
- Jump your feet back to the starting position.
- Jump up and twist your body to the left, bringing your right knee up to your left elbow.
- Jump back to the starting position.
- Jump up and twist your body to the right, bringing your left knee up to your right elbow.
- Jump back to the starting position and repeat the exercise for the desired number of reps.
Burpee Twist Form & Visual
Burpee Twist Benefits
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Strengthens upper body muscles (chest, shoulders, triceps)
- Strengthens lower body muscles (quads, glutes, hamstrings)
- Improves core stability and strength
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Improves coordination and agility
Burpee Twist Muscles Worked