This exercise involves starting in a standing position, dropping down to a push-up position, performing a push-up, jumping back up to a standing position, and finishing with a jump in the air. It is a full-body exercise that can be done without any equipment.
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body into a squatting position with your hands on the ground in front of you.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
- Lower your chest and do a push-up.
- Push your body up into the starting plank position.
- Jump your feet back towards your hands into a squatting position.
- Jump up into the air as high as you can, reaching your arms overhead.
- Land back in the starting position and repeat the exercise for the desired number of reps.
Burpee Form & Visual
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Improves strength and muscle tone in the legs, core, and upper body
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Improves coordination and agility
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Burpee Muscles Worked
Burpee Variations & Alternatives
- Jumping burpee
- Single-leg burpee
- Burpee box jump
- Burpee pull-up
- Burpee broad jump
- Burpee tuck jump
- Burpee mountain climber
- Burpee push-up
- Burpee with dumbbells
- Burpee with medicine ball