The hollow hold exercise involves lying on your back with your arms and legs extended, and lifting your shoulders and legs off the ground while keeping your lower back pressed into the floor. This exercise targets the core muscles and helps improve overall stability and posture.
Hollow Hold Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your arms extended overhead and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Lift your legs and upper body off the ground, keeping your lower back pressed into the floor.
- Hold this position for the desired amount of time, aiming for at least 30 seconds.
- Lower your legs and upper body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Hollow Hold Form & Visual
Hollow Hold Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves posture and stability
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Increases overall body awareness and control
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Hollow Hold Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Erector spinae
Hollow Hold Variations & Alternatives
- Hollow Rock
- Hollow Body Hold with Leg Raises
- Weighted Hollow Hold
- Single Leg Hollow Hold
- Hollow Hold with Arm Extensions