Hanging Leg Raise
Hanging Leg Raise Instructions
- Hang from a pull-up bar with your arms straight and your feet off the ground.
- Engage your core and lift your legs up towards your chest, keeping them straight.
- Pause at the top of the movement and then slowly lower your legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Hanging Leg Raise Form & Visual
Hanging Leg Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability and balance
- Targets the hip flexors and lower back muscles
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in the gym
Hanging Leg Raise Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Hanging Leg Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Hanging Leg Raise
- Side-to-Side Hanging Leg Raise
- Oblique Hanging Leg Raise
- Windshield Wiper Hanging Leg Raise
- Dragon Flag