Alternate Leg Raise
Alternate Leg Raise Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a mat or comfortable surface.
- Place your hands by your sides with your palms facing down.
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Lift your right leg off the ground, keeping it straight and raising it to a 45-degree angle.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the same movement with your left leg, lifting it to a 45-degree angle and holding for a few seconds before lowering it back down.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Alternate Leg Raise Form & Visual
Alternate Leg Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the lower abdominal muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Helps to reduce lower back pain
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Alternate Leg Raise Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Alternate Leg Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Raise
- Double Leg Raise
- Flutter Kicks
- Scissor Kicks
- Bicycle Crunches
- Reverse Crunches
- Leg Lifts with Hip Raise
- Plank Leg Raises
- Side Plank Leg Raises