Twisted Leg Raise
This exercise involves lying on your back with one leg bent and the other straight up in the air. You then twist your torso and bring your opposite elbow to touch your raised knee, engaging your core and oblique muscles. This exercise helps to improve core strength and stability.
Twisted Leg Raise Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and bring it towards your chest, keeping your left leg straight on the ground.
- Place your right hand on your right knee and your left hand on your right ankle.
- Slowly lift your right leg up towards the ceiling, keeping it bent at a 90-degree angle.
- As you lift your leg, twist your torso to the left, bringing your right knee towards your left shoulder.
- Hold for a few seconds, then slowly lower your leg and torso back down to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, bending your left knee and twisting your torso to the right.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Twisted Leg Raise Form & Visual
Twisted Leg Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the lower abs, obliques, and hip flexors
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Engages the glutes and thighs for a full lower body workout
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the range of motion or adding weights
Twisted Leg Raise Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors