This exercise involves twisting a lever or handle with your hands, which engages the muscles in your arms, shoulders, and upper back. It can be done with various types of equipment, such as resistance bands or cable machines, and can be modified to target different muscle groups.
Lever Twist Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of you, parallel to the ground.
- Twist your torso to the right, keeping your arms straight and parallel to the ground.
- Return to the starting position and twist your torso to the left.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lever Twist Form & Visual
Lever Twist Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves flexibility in the spine
- Increases range of motion in the shoulders
- Helps to relieve tension in the neck and shoulders
- Improves balance and stability
Lever Twist Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
- Quadratus Lumborum
Lever Twist Variations & Alternatives
- Lever Twist with Dumbbell
- Lever Twist with Barbell
- Lever Twist with Resistance Band
- Lever Twist on Stability Ball
- Single Arm Lever Twist