Jackknife Sit Up
The Jackknife Sit Up is an exercise that targets the abdominal muscles. It involves lying on your back, lifting your legs and upper body off the ground, and reaching your hands towards your toes. This movement creates a "jackknife" shape with your body.
Jackknife Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms extended above your head and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your arms and legs up towards each other, bringing your knees and elbows together in the middle.
- As you lift up, exhale and contract your abs, making sure to keep your lower back pressed firmly into the ground.
- Hold the position for a second or two, then slowly lower back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Jackknife Sit Up Form & Visual
Jackknife Sit Up Benefits
- Targets the rectus abdominis, obliques, and hip flexors
- Improves core strength and stability
- Increases flexibility in the lower back and hips
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Helps to improve posture and balance
Jackknife Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors