Side Sit Up
Side Sit Up Instructions
- Start by lying on your side with your legs bent at a 90-degree angle and your feet stacked on top of each other.
- Place your hands behind your head or cross them over your chest.
- Engage your core and lift your upper body off the ground, bringing your elbow towards your hip.
- Lower your body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps on one side before switching to the other side.
Side Sit Up Form & Visual
Side Sit Up Benefits
- Targets the oblique muscles, which are important for core stability and rotational movements
- Improves overall core strength and endurance
- Can help improve posture and reduce lower back pain
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
- Variations of the exercise can be done to increase difficulty and challenge the muscles in different ways
Side Sit Up Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Side Sit Up Variations & Alternatives
- Oblique side sit up
- Weighted side sit up
- Side plank with hip dip
- Side plank with leg lift
- Side plank with twist