Dumbbell Side Bend
Dumbbell Side Bend Instructions
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in one hand.
- Place your other hand on your hip.
- Slowly bend to the side with the dumbbell, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Lower the dumbbell as far as you can comfortably go, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch sides and repeat.
Dumbbell Side Bend Form & Visual
Dumbbell Side Bend Benefits
- Targets the oblique muscles, which are responsible for side-to-side movements and rotational movements of the torso.
- Helps to strengthen the core and improve overall stability.
- Can improve posture and reduce the risk of lower back pain.
- Can be done with a variety of weights and equipment, making it accessible for people of different fitness levels.
- Can be easily incorporated into a full-body workout routine or done as a standalone exercise.
Dumbbell Side Bend Muscles Worked
- External obliques
- Internal obliques
- Rectus abdominis
- Erector spinae