Cable Side Bend
Cable Side Bend Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a cable in your right hand with your palm facing inwards.
- Place your left hand on your left hip and keep your back straight.
- Slowly bend your torso to the right side, keeping your arm straight and the cable close to your body.
- Hold the stretch for a few seconds and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions and then switch sides.
Cable Side Bend Form & Visual
Cable Side Bend Benefits
- Targets the oblique muscles, which are responsible for side-to-side movements and rotational movements of the torso.
- Improves core stability and balance.
- Helps to reduce the risk of lower back pain by strengthening the muscles that support the spine.
- Can be performed with different levels of resistance to challenge the muscles and promote muscle growth.
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the oblique muscles.
Cable Side Bend Muscles Worked
- Quadratus Lumborum
Cable Side Bend Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Cable Side Bend
- Single Arm Cable Side Bend
- Standing Cable Side Bend
- Seated Cable Side Bend
- Reverse Cable Side Bend