Iron Cross Plank
Iron Cross Plank Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart.
- Engage your core and glutes to keep your body in a straight line.
- Slowly lift your right arm and left leg off the ground, keeping them straight and parallel to the floor.
- Hold for a few seconds, then lower your arm and leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat with your left arm and right leg.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Iron Cross Plank Form & Visual
Iron Cross Plank Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the abs, obliques, and lower back
- Improves stability and balance
- Targets the shoulders, chest, and upper back muscles
- Increases overall body strength and endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Helps to prevent injuries by improving posture and alignment
Iron Cross Plank Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Rectus abdominis
- Erector spinae
Iron Cross Plank Variations & Alternatives
- Side Plank Iron Cross
- Weighted Iron Cross Plank
- Single Leg Iron Cross Plank
- Reverse Iron Cross Plank
- Dynamic Iron Cross Plank