Reverse Shoulder Stretch
Reverse Shoulder Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Bring your right arm across your chest, holding it with your left hand just above the elbow.
- Use your left hand to gently pull your right arm closer to your chest until you feel a stretch in your shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, then release and repeat on the other side.
Reverse Shoulder Stretch Form & Visual
Reverse Shoulder Stretch Benefits
- Relieves tension and tightness in the shoulders and upper back
- Improves range of motion in the shoulders
- Stretches the chest muscles and improves posture
- Can help alleviate shoulder pain and discomfort
- May improve breathing by opening up the chest and lungs
Reverse Shoulder Stretch Muscles Worked
- Rotator cuff muscles
Reverse Shoulder Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Shoulder Extension Stretch
- Shoulder Blade Squeeze
- Shoulder Circles
- Shoulder Rolls
- Shoulder Shrugs