Dumbbell Press Squat
This exercise involves holding dumbbells at shoulder height while performing squats. It targets the lower body muscles, including the glutes, quads, and hamstrings, while also engaging the shoulders and core.
Dumbbell Press Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height.
- Squat down by bending your knees and pushing your hips back, keeping your chest up and your back straight.
- As you stand back up, press the dumbbells up above your head, fully extending your arms.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to shoulder height as you squat back down.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Press Squat Form & Visual
Dumbbell Press Squat Benefits
- Strengthens the chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Improves upper body pushing strength
- Increases muscle mass and definition in the chest and shoulders
- Improves overall upper body stability and balance
- Strengthens the legs, glutes, and core
- Improves lower body strength and power
- Increases muscle mass and definition in the legs and glutes
- Improves overall lower body stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Dumbbell Press Squat Muscles Worked
Dumbbell Press Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Press
Input: Push-up Lunge
Input: Deadlift Pull-up