Side Plank Hip Adduction
Side Plank Hip Adduction Instructions
- Start by lying on your side with your legs straight and your elbow directly under your shoulder.
- Lift your hips off the ground, creating a straight line from your head to your feet.
- Place your top hand on your hip and keep your bottom arm extended on the ground for support.
- Slowly lift your top leg, keeping it straight, and bring it towards your chest.
- Pause for a moment, then slowly lower your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Side Plank Hip Adduction Form & Visual
Side Plank Hip Adduction Benefits
- Strengthens the oblique muscles
- Targets the hip adductors for improved stability and balance
- Improves core strength and stability
- Helps prevent lower back pain by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the duration or adding resistance
Side Plank Hip Adduction Muscles Worked
- Gluteus Medius
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Adductor Magnus
Side Plank Hip Adduction Variations & Alternatives
- Side Plank Hip Abduction
- Side Plank with Leg Lift
- Side Plank with Knee Tuck
- Side Plank with Hip Dip
- Side Plank with Arm Reach