The Landmine 180 exercise involves using a barbell and a landmine attachment to perform a rotational movement, twisting the torso from side to side while holding the weight. This exercise targets the core muscles, particularly the obliques, and can also improve overall stability and balance.
Landmine 180 Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and placing a barbell with weight plates on the ground to your right side.
- Grab the end of the barbell with both hands and lift it up to your chest, keeping your arms straight.
- Rotate your torso to the left, pivoting on your right foot, and lower the barbell towards the ground on your left side.
- As you reach the bottom of the movement, your arms should be fully extended and the barbell should be touching the ground.
- Reverse the movement by rotating your torso to the right, pivoting on your left foot, and lifting the barbell back up to your chest.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and perform the exercise on your left side.
Landmine 180 Form & Visual
Landmine 180 Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the shoulders, core, and legs
- Improves rotational power and stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Requires minimal equipment and space
- Can be incorporated into a full body workout routine
Landmine 180 Muscles Worked
Landmine 180 Variations & Alternatives
- Landmine 90
- Landmine 270
- Landmine 360
- Landmine 540