Side Lying Hip Adduction
Side Lying Hip Adduction Instructions
- Start by lying on your side with your legs straight and stacked on top of each other.
- Engage your core and glutes to stabilize your body.
- Slowly lift your top leg towards the ceiling, keeping it straight and in line with your body.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your inner thigh muscles.
- Lower your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions on one side before switching to the other side.
Side Lying Hip Adduction Form & Visual
Side Lying Hip Adduction Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets oblique muscles
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Increases overall body awareness
Side Lying Hip Adduction Muscles Worked
- Gluteus medius
- Tensor fasciae latae
- Adductor longus
- Adductor brevis
- Adductor magnus
Side Lying Hip Adduction Variations & Alternatives
- Side-lying hip abduction
- Side-lying hip external rotation
- Side-lying hip internal rotation
- Side-lying hip flexion
- Side-lying hip extension
- Clamshell exercise
- Fire hydrant exercise
- Resistance band hip adduction
- Resistance band hip abduction