The Monster Walk is a lower body exercise that targets the glutes, hips, and thighs. It involves taking small steps while keeping the feet wide apart and the knees bent, creating tension in the muscles. This exercise can be done with or without resistance bands.
Monster Walk Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place a resistance band around your ankles.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Take a step to the right with your right foot, then bring your left foot to meet it.
- Take a step to the left with your left foot, then bring your right foot to meet it.
- Continue taking steps to the right and left, keeping tension on the resistance band and maintaining a slight bend in your knees.
- Complete 10-12 steps in each direction for 2-3 sets.
Monster Walk Form & Visual
Monster Walk Benefits
- Strengthens the glutes, hips, and thighs
- Improves hip stability and balance
- Helps prevent knee injuries by strengthening the muscles around the knee joint
- Can be done with or without resistance bands for added difficulty
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
Monster Walk Muscles Worked
- Hip abductors
- Hip adductors
Monster Walk Variations & Alternatives
- Mini Band Monster Walk
- Resistance Band Monster Walk
- Side-to-Side Monster Walk
- Forward-Backward Monster Walk
- Curtsy Monster Walk