Kettlebell Goblet Squat
This exercise involves holding a kettlebell close to your chest while performing a squat. It targets the lower body muscles, including the quads, glutes, and hamstrings, while also engaging the core and upper body. It can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight of the kettlebell.
Kettlebell Goblet Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a kettlebell with both hands at chest level.
- Squat down by bending your knees and pushing your hips back, keeping your chest up and your back straight.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pause for a moment, then push through your heels to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Kettlebell Goblet Squat Form & Visual
Kettlebell Goblet Squat Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- Improves core stability and balance
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Engages multiple muscle groups at once, making it a time-efficient exercise
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
- May improve mobility and flexibility in the hips and ankles
Kettlebell Goblet Squat Muscles Worked
- Upper back