Resistance Band Walk
This exercise involves placing a resistance band around your ankles and walking forward, backward, or sideways while maintaining tension on the band. It targets the muscles in your hips, glutes, and thighs, helping to improve strength and stability in these areas.
Resistance Band Walk Instructions
- Place the resistance band around your ankles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Take a step to the right with your right foot, keeping tension on the band.
- Bring your left foot to meet your right foot.
- Take a step to the left with your left foot, keeping tension on the band.
- Bring your right foot to meet your left foot.
- Repeat for 10-15 steps in each direction.
Resistance Band Walk Form & Visual
Resistance Band Walk Benefits
- Strengthens the glutes, hips, and thighs
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases endurance and cardiovascular health
- Can be done anywhere with minimal equipment
- Low-impact exercise that is easy on the joints
Resistance Band Walk Muscles Worked
- Hip abductors
- Hip adductors