Butterfly Yoga Pose
Butterfly Yoga Pose Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet together, allowing your knees to fall out to the sides.
- Bring your heels as close to your body as possible.
- Place your hands on your ankles or feet.
- Take a deep breath in and lengthen your spine.
- As you exhale, gently press your knees down towards the floor.
- Keep your feet close to your body and avoid forcing your knees down too far.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, breathing deeply.
- To release the pose, use your hands to gently bring your knees back together and straighten your legs out in front of you.
Butterfly Yoga Pose Form & Visual
Butterfly Yoga Pose Benefits
- Stretches the inner thighs and groin muscles
- Relieves tension in the hips and lower back
- Improves flexibility in the hip joints
- Helps to reduce menstrual discomfort and symptoms of menopause
- Calms the mind and reduces stress and anxiety
Butterfly Yoga Pose Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles
- Shoulder muscles
- Upper back muscles
- Abdominal muscles
- Hip muscles
- Thigh muscles
- Gluteal muscles
Butterfly Yoga Pose Variations & Alternatives
- Half Butterfly Pose
- Full Butterfly Pose
- Bound Angle Pose
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose
- Butterfly Forward Fold
- Butterfly Twist
- Butterfly Shoulder Opener
- Butterfly Hip Opener