Seated Groin Stretch
Seated Groin Stretch Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet together, allowing your knees to fall out to the sides.
- Use your hands to gently pull your heels in towards your body until you feel a stretch in your groin area.
- Keep your back straight and try to relax your hips and thighs as you hold the stretch for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Release the stretch and repeat as desired.
Seated Groin Stretch Form & Visual
Seated Groin Stretch Benefits
- Increases flexibility in the groin and inner thigh muscles
- Improves range of motion in the hips
- Reduces tension and tightness in the lower body
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Can be modified for different levels of flexibility
Seated Groin Stretch Muscles Worked
- Adductor muscles
Seated Groin Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Groin Stretch
- Butterfly Stretch
- Wide-Legged Forward Fold
- Happy Baby Pose
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose