Lying Single Leg Circle
Lying Single Leg Circle Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your legs extended and your arms by your sides.
- Lift your right leg up towards the ceiling, keeping it straight and your toes pointed.
- Begin to circle your right leg in a clockwise direction, making small circles at first and gradually increasing the size of the circles.
- Complete 10 circles in a clockwise direction, then switch to counterclockwise and complete 10 more circles.
- Lower your right leg back down to the starting position and repeat the exercise with your left leg.
- Complete 2-3 sets of 10 circles in each direction with each leg.
Lying Single Leg Circle Form & Visual
Lying Single Leg Circle Benefits
- Strengthens the lower abdominal muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Helps to prevent lower back pain
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Lying Single Leg Circle Muscles Worked
- Abdominal muscles
- Gluteus maximus
- Hip flexors
- Inner and outer thighs
Lying Single Leg Circle Variations & Alternatives