Single Straight Leg Stretch
This exercise involves lying on your back and lifting one leg straight up while keeping the other leg straight and hovering above the ground. You then alternate between pulling the lifted leg towards your chest while extending the hovering leg out in front of you. This exercise targets the abdominal muscles and helps improve flexibility in the hamstrings.
Single Straight Leg Stretch Instructions
- Lie on your back with your legs extended straight up towards the ceiling.
- Place your hands behind your head and lift your head and shoulders off the ground.
- Lower your right leg towards the ground while keeping your left leg straight and your lower back pressed into the mat.
- As you exhale, lift your head and shoulders higher and bring your right leg back up to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, lowering your left leg towards the ground while keeping your right leg straight and your lower back pressed into the mat.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
Single Straight Leg Stretch Form & Visual
Single Straight Leg Stretch Benefits
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Increases endurance and stamina
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Strengthens leg muscles
- Improves coordination and balance
- Can be done anywhere with minimal equipment
- Can be a fun and social activity
Single Straight Leg Stretch Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Single Straight Leg Stretch Variations & Alternatives