Plow Yoga Pose
This exercise involves starting in a tabletop position and then extending the legs and arms outwards while lifting the hips up towards the ceiling. The body resembles a plow shape, hence the name. This pose is great for stretching the spine and hamstrings.
Plow Yoga Pose Instructions
- Start in a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the ground.
- Bring your knees wider than hip-width apart and bring your big toes to touch.
- Walk your hands forward and lower your chest towards the ground, keeping your hips over your knees.
- Rest your forehead on the ground and extend your arms forward, keeping your elbows off the ground.
- Press your palms into the ground and lift your elbows up, feeling a stretch in your upper back and shoulders.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths.
- To release, walk your hands back towards your knees and sit back on your heels.
Plow Yoga Pose Form & Visual
Plow Yoga Pose Benefits
- Stretches the spine and shoulders
- Calms the brain and reduces stress and fatigue
- Stimulates the abdominal organs and improves digestion
- Strengthens the arms, shoulders, and neck
- Improves flexibility in the hips and hamstrings
- Relieves symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort
- Can help alleviate insomnia and headaches
Plow Yoga Pose Muscles Worked
- Spinal erectors
- Neck muscles
- Shoulder muscles
Plow Yoga Pose Variations & Alternatives
- Half Plow Pose
- Full Plow Pose
- Supported Shoulderstand
- Legs Up the Wall Pose
- Happy Baby Pose