This exercise requires the participant to lie on their back and roll their body over to one side, then back to the starting position, and then over to the other side. It is often used as a warm-up or mobility exercise in fitness routines.
- Start by lying on your back with your arms extended above your head and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Engage your core and lift your arms and legs off the ground simultaneously, keeping them straight.
- As you lift your arms and legs, roll onto your stomach, balancing on your hips.
- Pause for a moment in this position, then roll back onto your back, lowering your arms and legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement, rolling onto your stomach and back onto your back, for the desired number of repetitions.
Rollover Form & Visual
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Increases endurance and stamina
- Strengthens leg muscles
- Improves balance and coordination
- Burns calories and aids in weight loss
- Can be done anywhere with no equipment needed
Rollover Muscles Worked
- Abdominal muscles
- Oblique muscles
- Lower back muscles
- Gluteal muscles
- Hamstring muscles
Rollover Variations & Alternatives
- Rollover with one hand
- Rollover with both hands
- Rollover with a pen or pencil
- Rollover with a coin
- Rollover with a card
- Rollover with a bottle
- Rollover with a phone
- Rollover with a key
- Rollover with a chopstick