Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl
Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl Instructions
- Start by lying face down on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Place your feet under a padded bar or have a partner hold them down.
- Bend your knees and bring your heels towards your glutes.
- Hold the dumbbells with your palms facing down and your arms extended towards the floor.
- Slowly curl your heels towards your glutes, keeping your knees bent and your hips on the bench.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your heels back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl Form & Visual
Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl Benefits
- Targets the hamstrings, which are important for knee stability and overall lower body strength
- Can be done with just a set of dumbbells, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or in a gym
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional machine hamstring curls
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
- Can be modified to target different areas of the hamstring muscles
Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl Muscles Worked
- Biceps femoris
Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Single-leg Dumbbell Lying Hamstring Curl
- Barbell Lying Hamstring Curl
- Seated Machine Hamstring Curl
- Standing Machine Hamstring Curl
- Swiss Ball Hamstring Curl