Lever Lying Leg Curl
This exercise involves lying face down on a bench and using a lever to curl your legs towards your buttocks, targeting the hamstrings. It is a popular isolation exercise for strengthening and toning the back of the legs.
Lever Lying Leg Curl Instructions
- Adjust the machine to fit your body size and lie face down on the bench with your knees just off the end.
- Place your legs under the padded lever bar, making sure that the bar is resting comfortably above your ankles.
- Grasp the side handles of the machine and ensure that your body is flat and straight on the bench.
- Keeping your hips flat on the bench, exhale and curl your legs up towards your buttocks as far as possible.
- Hold the contraction for a second and then inhale as you slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lever Lying Leg Curl Form & Visual
Lever Lying Leg Curl Benefits
- Targets the hamstrings, which are important for knee stability and athletic performance
- Isolates the hamstrings, allowing for a more focused and intense workout
- Can be adjusted to target different areas of the hamstrings by changing foot placement
- Helps to improve flexibility and range of motion in the hamstrings
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or in a gym
Lever Lying Leg Curl Muscles Worked
Lever Lying Leg Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Seated Leg Curl
- Standing Leg Curl
- Prone Leg Curl
- Single Leg Curl
- Hamstring Curl on Stability Ball