Side Lunge Stretch
The side lunge stretch is a lower body exercise that involves stepping to the side and bending one knee while keeping the other leg straight. This stretch targets the inner thighs, hips, and glutes, and can help improve flexibility and mobility in the lower body.
Side Lunge Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Take a big step to the right with your right foot, keeping your left foot in place.
- Bend your right knee and push your hips back as you lower your body into a lunge position.
- Keep your left leg straight and your left foot firmly planted on the ground.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in your inner thigh and groin area.
- Slowly straighten your right leg and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, taking a big step to the left with your left foot.
- Do 10-15 repetitions on each side, or as many as feels comfortable for your body.
Side Lunge Stretch Form & Visual
Side Lunge Stretch Benefits
- Increases flexibility in the hips, groin, and inner thighs
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the legs, particularly the quadriceps and glutes
- Helps to alleviate lower back pain by stretching the muscles in the lower back
- Can be modified to target different areas of the legs and hips
Side Lunge Stretch Muscles Worked
- Inner Thighs