Lunge Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with your right foot, bending your right knee and keeping your left leg straight behind you.
- Lower your hips until your right thigh is parallel to the ground and your right knee is directly above your ankle.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds, feeling a stretch in your left hip flexor and right hamstring.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side, stepping forward with your left foot.
- Complete 10-15 repetitions on each side.
Lunge Stretch Form & Visual
Lunge Stretch Benefits
- Strengthens lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Reduces risk of lower back pain and injury
- Increases flexibility in the lower back
- Improves core stability
Lunge Stretch Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Lunge Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse lunge stretch
- Side lunge stretch
- Walking lunge stretch
- Curtsy lunge stretch
- Forward lunge stretch